When it comes to weight loss, it’s probably fair to say that most people focus on what NOT to eat. But unless your diet is made up of food that helps you lose weight fast, you’re going to have a hard time shedding those pounds and keeping them off. With this pearl of wisdom in mind, we found some healthy recipes will help you torch some of that unwanted fat.
HERE ARE 5 HEALTHY RECIPES TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT FAST
1. 3-INGREDIENT SALMON
How it burns fat to lose weight fast : Omega-3s are critical to metabolic health. While they may not directly make you lose weight, their various health properties indirectly stimulate the fat-burning process. Salmon is perhaps the best source of omega-3s of all foods.
– 1 pound of fresh salmon
– 1 cup of freshly-squeezed lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons (tsp) of Italian seasoning
– salt and pepper (for taste)
– Place salmon in a shallow pan and add the lemon juice.
– Coat each piece of salmon thoroughly with the juice.
– Marinate the salmon for an hour in the refrigerator.
– Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Lay the salmon onto a lined baking sheet or pan.
– Coat each piece of fish with Italian seasoning.
– Bake for about 10 minutes and serve.
2. BAKED VEGGIE OMELET
How it burns fat to lose weight fast : Eggs are excellent sources of amino acids and protein. The former works to maximize the benefits of the latter, which results in extra calorie-burning. In other words, you start to lose weight.
– 1 chopped onion (small)
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
– 4 egg whites
– 2 eggs
– Nonstick cooking spray
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1 cup of sliced zucchini, mushrooms, and bell pepper strips
– 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
– ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
– 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
– Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
– Melt butter over a light heat in a large skillet. Add the veggies, basil, and onion. Cook 5 to 7 minutes while stirring. Add the pepper and salt. Remove from the heat and set aside.
-Whisk the egg whites, eggs, water, and salt. Pour eggs into the baking pan. Bake for 6-7 minutes.
– Combine cheeses in a small bowl.
– Cut eggs into 6-inch squares and place onto a plate. Add veggie, basil and onion and top with cheese. Makes 5-6 servings.
3. CHICKEN FARROTTO
How it burns fat to lose weight fast : Just 3 three ounces of protein contains nearly 40 percent the recommended daily requirement for protein. Protein is critical to keep us energized and the metabolism going. It may just be the best nutrient for weight loss, period!
– A boneless chicken breast
– 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
– 1 cup diced yellow squash
– ½ cup dry farro
– 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
– ¼ cup sliced red onion
– 2 Tbsp olive oil
– Add 1 Tbsp of olive into pan. Sear chicken and add salt and pepper to taste.
– With the remaining oil, saute the onion and squash; combine farro and stir.
– Add the water and bring to a boil. After boiling, reduce heat and cover the pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in diced chicken, cheese, and parsley.
4. “HOMEMADE” SOUP AND ASPARAGUS
How it burns fat to lose weight fast: Aside from chicken, this dish features kale and asparagus – both superfoods. Both foods also promote feelings of satiety, or fullness. This means we’ll eat less and still feel full. Quinoa is packed with protein and fiber; it also stabilizes blood sugar and speeds up the metabolism.
– One 3-ounce chicken breast
– 1 cup of vegetable soup
– 1 cup chopped kale
– 8 small asparagus spears
– 1/8 tsp freshly diced ginger
– 2 tsp dry quinoa
– 2 tsp soy sauce
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
– In a medium-size saucepan, combine the kale, soup, and quinoa; bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
– Place chicken into oven and cook for 20-30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
– Steam the asparagus and mix with ginger and soy.
– Add chicken to soup, quinoa, and kale.
– Place chicken onto a plate and serve with asparagus as a side dish!
5. ZINGY TOFU AND QUINOA
How it burns fat to lose weight fast: We’ve already talked about quinoa in all it’s fat-burning glory. Tofu, while a bit more subtle, is still a major boost to any weight loss plan. Why? Well, a mere half-cup of the stuff contains just 94 calories yet is packed with protein, calcium, and iron! The lime juice includes a hefty dose of antioxidants as well!
– 1 cup cooked quinoa
– 1 tsp cilantro
– 2 tsp lime juice
– 2 ounces cubed tofu
– 3 Tbsp red pepper, diced
– 2 Tbsp sliced avocado
– 3 Tbsp green pepper, diced
Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and hand-mix.