When there are high levels of purines in the body, the uric acid begins to build up in the joints, which contributes to formation of uric acid crystals that support the development of arthritis, known as gout.
Gout is an ailment especially present in the elderly, and it causes severe pain, tightness, swelling, and redness in the hands and the big toes.
Gout is a disease that also affects the knees, the elbows, the ankles, and the shoulders. Still, there are some efficient natural treatments that can help you get rid of these symptoms and treat gout completely.
The most common causes of gout include the following:
- Alcohol consumption
Reduction of uric acid in the joints
You should know that gout develops when the body is forced to process excessive levels of protein that originates from red meat and similar types of foods. The sweat and the urine are the means that help the body eliminate these, but others remains, so if they are present in high amounts in the body, they get stored in particular areas. A very important fact everyone should know is the fact that if you want to prevent uric acid crystals from formation, you must be aware that the gout is the result of an improper diet.
This is why you should concentrate on foods that have high amounts of water, including strawberries, cucumbers, zucchini, watermelons, squash, etc.
The most important ingredient is water, which means that you should drink it as much as you can and make sure your body is constantly hydrated.
Here are some natural remedies that will help you considerably to reduce the uric acid levels in the joints and the blood:
1. Squeeze the juice out of a ripe tomato, and drink it. Repeat this procedure three times a day.
2. Take a pint of water, boil it, and add half an onion to it, alongside 50 g of cabbage and three parsley sprigs. Let the ingredients stay in the water for about fifteen minutes, and then remove the container from heat. Strain the mixture and let it aside so that it cools. Once it is cooled off, add the juice of one lemon to the mixture and drink it right before you have your lunch.
3. Combine three tablespoons of rosemary oil with three tablespoons of soybean oil, and use this mixture to massage the affected areas.
4. Put an onion into one liter of water and boil the mixture. Once boiled, the mixture should be left aside for five minutes and then strained. In the end, add some honey and the mixture is ready to be consumed, three times a day.
5. Take four carrots, one mango, one slice of pineapple, and 30 g of strawberries and put them in a juicer. Then, the following morning, take this mixture before breakfast, on an empty stomach, and, if the symptoms go on worsening, start taking the mixture in the evening as well.
6. Take an ear of corn cob, add it to a little water, and boil for nearly ten minutes. In the end, strain the mixture and drink it three times a day.
7. Mix two tablespoons of elderflowers and half a liter of boiled water, and cover the container. Ten minutes later, strain the liquid and leave it to cool. In the end, add some honey if you want the taste sweeter. Consume this remedy on a daily basis.
8. Take one liter of water, add 30 g of cranberries to it, and boil for five minutes. Then, strain the liquid, and consume it three times a day.
Another natural recipe which has been proven to be efficient by numerous people who have successfully treated gout.
– Two celery stalks
– One medium cucumber
– One slice of lemon
– One teaspoon of ginger root (grated)
Slice both the celery and the cucumber, put them in a blender, and add the other ingredients. Mix to get a smooth juice.
Consume this incredible natural remedy one to three times a day, and if you want to get the best results possible, you should consume it on an empty stomach, in the morning.
It is very significant for you to follow a healthy diet and exercise on a regular basis to treat the symptoms of gout.